Wednesday, April 9, 2008

First blog post ever.


Not really. I had a Xanga once, way back when I was in like seventh grade or something. I don't use it anymore, and the last time I checked it was during senior year or something. Maybe last year, I don't remember. I used to write what I did pretty much everyday, a line or two recapping what cool things I did like spike my hair or learn a new rave move or something. That was pretty sweet. I think it's still there, but I don't want anyone to see it 'cause it's pretty embarrassing. I thought I was all hardcore and cool back then. I think. Yeah it's weird how people change. House guy on House, M.D. would say that people won't change but I won't listen to him because he's not real and my parents told me to not believe in not real people. Did that sound dumb? Probably. So this is for my advertising project and I'm supposed to write three 500 word blogs. That's like writing three college admission essays. Right now I'm listening to The Format- Tie The Rope; it's a pretty good song. Too bad they've broken up like two months ago for no said reason. They still play some weird board game though to try to figure out who murdered who; at least that's what their website says. I don't really think that having a band name as "The (Insert random noun here)" is pretty clever. Like The Format, or The Killers, or The Strokes. I can make up a name right now, like The Blog. The Crapchute. See? There isn't that much creativity. The only "The _____" name I kind of like is The Postal Service, that sounds kind of cool. The Format is playing on my playlist again, I don't think it's on shuffle. Yeah, I just checked and it wasn't on shuffle. But The Postal Service is really cool, too bad they only made that one album sending each other various song parts to each other via the postal service. See the cleverness of the name? At least there's a background to their name, not like Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. They said that their name had no apparent meaning and they only picked it 'cause they needed a name. Fall Out Boy's name came from a show they had where they didn't have a name at the time so they asked the crowd what their name should be and voilĂ , Fall Out Boy. Panic! At the Disco changed their name to Panic at the Disco; what a buzzkill. Yeah, I said it. Their new album sounds like Maroon 5 plus a less annoying voice. There probably is a better band to compare them to but I am not thinking hard at the moment. He does have a pretty cool singing voice though, just like guy from The Killers. I bet they don't even kill people. Not even killers at all. So faux. I'm so trendy, I've used two French words so far. Maybe that makes me clichĂ©. Alt + 3 is ♥, I just found that out. I know a bunch of the accents for French on the keyboard because this year my teacher makes us type up compositions. I think this is more than 500 words but that's okay because I'm procrastinating doing my American Literature Closed Reading Exercise 6 or 7. Yeah Yeah Yeahs aren't that good, I don't know how they won that Grammy award for their album. Well I do, it's because they have that one catchy song, "Maps". But other than that, the rest of the album isn't that great. Some songs are alright but she's no Feist. But who am I to judge, I'm no musician right now. They probably know way more music theory than I have, and have gone to >0 tours. The Arcade Fire is an alright name. At first I didn't like Radiohead's name, but then I started listening to their music and they're alright. Thom Yorke is cool, too. Pete Dougherty (sp) got thrown in jail for 14 weeks because he violated probation. I think it said something like he was on probation and last year he said he had a turning point or something in his life then they caught him in possession of crack cocaine, heroine, cannabis (weeeeeeeeed), some drug, and something else all at once. Pretty funny, I think. He's cool though. Can't stand him now. Get it? Probably not. I wonder who's going to read all of this. If you do, tell me. I think I'm going to write in this a bunch about random stuff like I did just now. Except I don't know, we'll see. I'm not that funny in blogs. Or probably in person. Woozle wuzzle? That wasn't funny.

No comments: